Wednesday, March 14, 2012



BURNING FAT!


Who doesn't want to burn fat? If you said, "me", then I don't know why you're reading this, but I certainly don't mind if you continue. I want to learn how to burn fat effectively because I'm overweight and have excess fat to burn, but also because fat is a better source of fuel than carbohydrates. I want to be healthy long term, so changing my eating habits is a high priority.


This is some very interesting information that I found about exercise.


... By performing these short bursts of exercise, you will increase your heart rate and boost your metabolism, which in turn burns fat.  The most exciting thing about these short interval exercises however is that your metabolic rate will not only rise during the exercises but will stay high for up to 24 hours post workout.  In other words, your body will continue to burn calories and fat at a much faster rate throughout the entire day and night of your workout!  This alone is what make these types of fat burning exercises so effective.


I was one that thought long workouts were necessary. It's so amazingly great to find out they aren't. What mom of littles actually has time to do a 2-3hr workout everyday? Not this one.


Also, there is some good info on fat burning foods such as salmon, turkey, edamame (soy beans), broccoli, green tea, milk and lean beef. 


I especially like the "HOW TO BURN FAT" list from this site. It includes: Stay Hydrated (water, water, water!!!), Eat fat burning foods (small portions 4-6 times a day), Exercise Regularly, Build Muscle, Get 8hrs of sleep. 


Check out the low calorie foods as well. They all sound so yummy! I'm amazed that when I think about food, what sounds good to me is actually the healthy food. It's just such a habit to reach for the stuff that's not so healthy because it's typically quick and easy to fix. (I have 3 littles that take up SO much time, ya know. ;) ) Doesn't this list just sound so yummy? 


Low Calorie Fruits
  • Apples
  • Blueberries
  • Cantaloupe
  • Cranberries
  • Grapefruit
  • Honeydew
  • Lemons
  • Mango
  • Oranges
  • Papaya
  • Peaches
  • Pineapple
  • Raspberries
  • Strawberries
  • Tomatoes
  • Tangerines
  • Turnips
  • Watermelon
Low Calorie Vegetables
  • Asparagus
  • Beets
  • Broccoli
  • Cabbage
  • Carrots
  • Cauliflower
  • Celery
  • Chicory
  • Chili Peppers
  • Cucumber
  • Edamame
  • Garlic
  • Green Beans
  • Lettuce
  • Onions
  • Radishes
  • Spinach
  • Turnips
  • Zucchini


To read it all straight from the source:
http://www.naturalfatburningfoods.com/




(DISCLAIMER: If you use any advice, tips, etc. that I post, it is solely your choice and I cannot be held responsible. I am not a medical professional of any kind.)

No comments:

Post a Comment