14 mile ride!!!
Our second long bike ride was a success! It was a lot of fun. On Saturday, we rode 14 miles with our friends, averaging about 8-9mi/hr. We went to a new town, crossed a huge bridge, and I got a sunburn. It was totally worth it, but seriously, next time, I'm using sunscreen. Or wearing a long-sleeve shirt. We happened to see a guy cross a flooded path on his bicycle. It was nearly up to his seat! Just a little crazy. We also ordered our hydration packs!!! I can't wait for them to arrive. They will be great for long rides.
I've also lost 2 more pounds! I can't believe it. 4lbs in just over a week! Woot! I'm almost to my 5lb goal and I've got the rest of this week to go before March is over!
On Friday, I went to the Dr. to see about the pain in my legs and hips. She's not sure exactly what is causing it, but gave me an anti-inflammatory and it seems to be working. I have to get my x-rays from my chiropractor so she can look and see if it's originating from my back. Either way, I'm still exercising and working on becoming healthy because I'm certain my weight is part of the issue. The Dr said the treadmill probably isn't a good idea because of the high impact on my lower body. So, I'll be doing my bike riding and probably some yoga. Can't wait to see more results and to go biking again next Saturday!
 |
| Hubs, myself and our 3 littles |
 |
| Hubs and Little #2 |
 |
| Little #1 taking pics |
 |
| Little #2 |
 |
Little #3 -
chillin with his crumbs and water bottle |
 |
| The BRIDGE! |
Whenever I have any knee/back/hip issues, biking is always at the top of my list of exercises I can do without hurting anything. It truly is the perfect exercise and gets you in GREAT shape! Great job on your 14 mile ride
ReplyDeletehttp://2bestfriendschubbyroadtoskinny.blogspot.com/
Agreed. And thanks! Can't wait to do 14mi without breaking a sweat! :D
ReplyDelete