Two days ago, on April 25th, 2012, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. They called it "invasive mammary carcinoma". I've been on a roller coaster of emotion. Fear, sadness, and disbelief to name a few. I'll say what everyone does. "I never imagined this would happen." This is hard for me to express. I want to crawl in a hole and make it go away. But that is weak. I don't consider myself to be weak . And my mom is not either. She is a mother of 5, grandmother of 24, and wife to one (40 years & counting). She is full of opinion and full of love for her family. She is 61, almost 62.
This is a trial that our family has been given. We will face this together. We will have hope. We will fight, and God willing, win.
The next step is to see a surgeon. She has an appointment on May 8th In the meantime, she is looking for natural ways to fight this. And we are praying.
Now, as for motivation. My risk of breast cancer just increased dramatically. I could sit around and feel sorry for myself or do something about it. I'm not much for inaction. I'll be looking for more and more ways to be healthy from now on.
Please pray for my mom and our family. Thank you.
How is everything going? I pray that you all stay strong.
ReplyDelete